Claiming periodicals on ebsconet
This document is for EBSCO periodicals only. It is to be
used as a guide by students and other personnel that are in charge of claiming
missing or damaged periodicals.
- Search title in Serials Check-In.
- Click View Order.
This brings up
the Purchase Order for this title. DO NOT MAKE CHANGES ON P.O.
- Select title by highlighting line item.
When a title is
paid through a membership/combination there will be two Line Items on the
Purchase Order. Highlight the membership/combination title.
- Click Details. This brings up Line Item
- Click Type tab.
- In the Vendor Title # field highlight and Copy
(Ctrl+c) only the first nine digit number. Exclude the comma and last 2
digits found in this field (this is EBSCO's title number designation).
- Close Line Item window.
- Close Purchase Order.
- Bring up EBSCONET page on the web:
- Log on to EBSCONET.
- In Access Code field type in
- In Password field type in password (ask
supervisor for password).
- Click Login.
- Under Searching on the left hand side menu
select Title Search.
- Under Search For in the first (1st)
field select Title Number.
- Under Search For in the third (3rd)
field paste (ctrl+v) EBSCO's title number designation, and click Search.
- Click More Information.
- Check status. Give suspended or delayed publications
- Click Claim button. This brings up Submit
- In the Subscriber Code field, type in the code
for the appropriate library.
- In the Claim Number field, type ‘01’ for 1st
claim or ‘02’ for 2nd claim.
Periodicals are only claimed twice through EBSCONET. Direct periodicals that
need 3rd claim to our Library Liaison.
- In Claim Comments fields, type missing
issue(s) that need claiming.
When a title is
paid through a membership/combination, type title being claimed.
- In Claim Type field, select either of the
01-LISTED ISSUES NOT RECEIVED (For missing issues) or
04-DAMAGED ISSUE/REPLACE (For damaged issues received)
- Click Submit Claim button.
- Go back to Serials Check-In.
- Type claim note in Check-In Note.
- Indicate date of claim, claim done through Internet,
issue(s) claimed, number of times claimed, and your initials.
2nd Claim v. 158, no. 25 on www 4-09-02/ab
Direct periodicals that need 3rd claim to our
claim form with appropriate information.
claim note in Check-In Note.
out claim form for v. 158, no. 25 on 04-09-02/ab
This page has been
times since 04/05/05
For questions about the content of this page, please contact
This page is maintained by Angela Laack and John Milazzo.
Last updated 05/30/2002