PROCESSES FOR MANAGING INDEXES, DATABASES, REFERENCE SOURCES AND MORE
Collection Development Librarians
· Send all orders (except those processed by Head of Reference (Marcella) that do not require licenses and cost less
than $700) to the Deputy Director (Curt).
· Curt or Marcella notifies Electronic Resources Librarian (Toni) by forwarding pertinent information including contract
Electronic Resources Librarian:
· Verifies the selection meets three conditions:
1. Deputy Director selected the title.
2. Title can be linked to directly.
3. Intended for the permanent collection and access to title is not on a trial basis.
· Maintains documentation on access rights, e.g., contracts, e-mail confirmations, and so forth.
· Completes CIP Electronic Resource Notification Form or Electronic Resource Alert form for each title, or when
· Forwards to Director for Financial Management (Kris) the original completed contract, when available, and/or any
e-mail correspondence from
vendors to the erline original contract or printout of e-mail correspondence to
· Notifies CIP to update Voyager records, including changes to URLs.
Center for Information Processing:
· Maintains relevant information in Voyager:
1. Creates purchase order, if appropriate.
2. Creates bibliographic and holdings records according to Bibliographic Elements for Remote Access Online
· Maintains paper files for all resources.
· Updates and maintains database records,
· Works with interested parties to extract data as needed.
This page has been visited times since 04/05/05