Regular 403(b) Retirement Plan
The SMU 403(b) Retirement Plan is a valuable benefit and one of the most powerful ways to build your retirement savings.
If you are a full-time or part-time (20+ hours/week) benefits-eligible employee, you may enroll in the SMU Retirement Plan as early as age 21 and receive SMU matching contributions on the first 5% of your pre-tax contributions. The SMU matching contribution is 8% through age 40 and 10% after you reach age 41.
If you were hired by SMU prior to June 1, 2010, your contributions and SMU’s contributions are fully vested.
If you were hired on or after June 1, 2010, SMU matching contributions vest after three years of employment.
.Click on the following to find out more:
- Other Eligibility Requirements
- Choosing the Right Investment Mix
Visit smu.divinvest.com for detailed information about the Plan. You will find a link in the Helpful Links section.
Other Eligibility Requirements
There are additional eligibility requirements:
- If you are not yet age 21 you may contribute to the plan but you will not receive SMU matching contributions until age 21.
- Participation is required as a condition of employment for full-time employees age 36 or older.
- Temporary employees, Post-Doctoral fellows and Adjunct Professors may contribute to the plan but are not eligible for SMU matching contributions.
Choosing the Right Investment Mix
For detailed information about your investment options, visit the Transamerica Retirement Solutions website at smu.divinvest.com. If you would like to schedule an in-person or phone-in meeting with our on-site Diversified Retirement Planning Consultant, click "Sign up for a One-on-One Meeting" on the Diversified website.