Fine Dispute Form
Library fines may be adjusted or waived in
extenuating circumstances. If you think you should not have
to pay a fine, please use this from to tell us your reasons.
You will be notified by e-mail within 5 business days, or if
more information is needed. If you require more detailed
information concerning your overdue fines, please use the
Ask a Circulation Question form. We will be happy to
provide you with a history of your fines and fees.
Note: First time fines if requested can be
waived as a courtesy, and you will not have to fill out this
Extenuating circumstances do not include:
- Lack of understanding of library policies or renewal
- Loaning library materials to a 3rd party, damage to
materials, or theft.
- Not receiving or a delay in receipt of courtesy notices
or overdue notices, or failing to update your current e-mail
or mailing address.
- Blocks on your library account preventing a renewal.
- Fines older than 6 months may no longer be disputed.
All fields are required to submit the form, unless otherwise specified.